|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development. The Secure Communications & Information Systems (SIX) country business unit designs, integrates and supports Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (known as C4ISR) systems,
- Effectively plan and execute tasks between team members as to enable successful completion
- Monitor and report on progress of the allocated tasks
- Provide technical advice on network technologies and processes
- Support networks and network components
- Identify, investigate and resolve incidents and problems with networks and network interfaces, and take remedial action where necessary
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of configuration documentation, networks and network interfaces
- Monitor and optimise performance of networks and submit suggestions to optimise performance
- Assist with the change and release management of patches, updates and upgrades for the networks components
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Cisco CCNA (preferably CCNP or better) or similar.
- Practical design, implementation and support experience with security segregated networks
- Installing and configuring active networking devices, particularly Cisco, Dell and/or Juniper
- Ability to elicit information to determine existing network topology, and propose a design using existing network standards and components to meet customer requirements
- Experience in the design, specification, implementation and troubleshooting of IT infrastructure.
- Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP); VPN including IPsec and GRE tunnelling; Quality of Service policies, enterprise Voice over IP.
Please not that this role requires a Defence Security Clearance up to NV2 level and candidates must be eligible for or have NV2 Defence Security Clearance.
Candidates must also meet citizenship and ITAR requirements
Interested so far? Please click on 'Apply' to submit your cover letter and your CV.