|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a Full-Stack Developer to support the design, development, interfacing, testing, implementation, documentation and ongoing support of our Control & Monitoring System (CMS) Software.
- Support the development of the CMS Software and associated Work Package deliverables
- Partake in the Verification and Validation of the CMS functional requirements including their customisation to specific customer and project needs.
- Participate in the preparation and maintenance of project CMS software related plans, technical data/documentation, technical data lists, technical training plans, maintenance support plans and maintenance procedures.
- Provide support for contract cost updates, quantitative risk assessment, trade-off strategy development
- Support negotiations with Customer and sub-contractors for all CMS and Support Contract matters (technical and commercial)
- Degree or Diploma in software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Good database design, optimisation and SQL query skills (MySQL/MariaDB or PostgreSQL).
- Understanding and appreciation of web application security best practice and common threat vectors.
Due to the defence nature of the project, only candidates eligible for an Australian Security Clearance will be considered
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.