|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are seeking a Product Specialist who will represent the Live Planning project with expert knowledge of the Live Planning system. The role will be key in applying our solutions to business challenges, as well as supporting the development of the product strategy to guide the company to excellence. Through the knowledge acquired as the product specialist and interactions with the business challenges, this role should provide system support and training to end users, engaging stakeholders and providing quality assurance guidance to the development team.
The role is based in Perth, Western Australia but will involve some travel. Reporting to the Lead of Live Planning, your key accountabilities will include:
- Keep track of industry trends for this class of product
- Act as a product champion to build awareness and understanding across BHP assets
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, helping to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas improve customer experience as part of the product strategy
- Create well-structured quality plans and track quality assurance metrics
- Manage the system support requests backlog
- Respond to customer queries and support request in a timely and accurate way
- Share feature requests and effective workarounds with team members
- Inform stakeholders about new features and functionality
- Conduct training needs analysis, plan and provide training for end users
As the ideal candidate, you will have a deep understanding of mine planning processes, and mining operations combined technology expertise. You are likely to have a degree in a Mining, Engineering, Technology or related discipline and have experience working in a project-oriented environment. Knowledge of mathematical optimisation and simulation will be highly regarded, as will previous Agile experience.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate sound analytical, strategic and critical thinking skills. You have superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence, and build credibility and trust across all organisational levels. As the preferred candidate, you are a proactive self-starter and an excellent team player who can also work in a stand-alone capacity. Your ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks, projects and stakeholders simultaneously will be critical in this position.
#LIWAAt BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.