|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 5/2/4/3 FIFO, or 5/2 residential roster arrangement.Reporting to the Superintendent Analysis and Improvement Production – Copper at Olympic Dam, the Senior Metallurgist Analysis and Improvement (A&I) will be responsible for identifying improvement initiatives through team engagement, analysing data, developing business cases and initiating projects that enable functional excellence and support business priorities for continuous improvement.Olympic Dam is a fully integrated producer of metallic Cu, Au, Ag and uranium oxide. The Copper stream offers access to a wide range of unit operations including milling, flotation, leaching, smelting, acid production and electro-refining. In this role you will
- Focus on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader and engaging the operation teams
- Engage with the workforce to develop insight and compile and maintain a portfolio of improvement ideas
- Analyse performance metrics and benchmarked performance across the operation
- Recommend improvement opportunities in line with site wide priorities
- Facilitate the execution of improvement initiatives to deliver improvement
- Produce operating standards, procedures and work instructions
- Drive process discipline in order to ensure the production units deliver safe, reliable production
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Degree qualified in Metallurgy, Chemical or Process Engineering
- Demonstrated background in continuous improvement
- Comfortable working with data and you will also be highly capable of working with stakeholders, formulating meaningful business cases and influencing decisions
- Able to provide expertise to the Production Metallurgy teams
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.