|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced professional to lead our Cites Initiative in Sydney. AECOM’s Brilliant Cities programme is a global growth initiative for AECOM, with investment in selected urban centres around the world.
The initiative connects our best ideas and insights, blurring the boundaries of both geography and profession, and engaging with public and private sectors, to help cities overcome their challenges and build brilliant futures. This work embraces a diversity of established and emerging project types — from citywide masterplans and climate change adaptation, to integrated design and operation of transport systems, to the development of innovative urban resilience strategies and programs.
You will work with other ANZ cities leaders in Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland and draw upon the collective talents of the team members working in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
AECOM, a global leader in urban environments, is seeking a dynamic leader to create better communities and help to transform Sydney into the most liveable city in the world.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Buildings and Places, ANZ, the Director of Cities, Sydney, will be responsible for planning, managing and executing a variety of growth initiatives while working closely with leaders and teams across all areas of our business, locally and globally. To be successful in the role, you must be passionate about Sydney and its future; you will have experience to lead the creation of more resilient cities and be curious to identify new opportunities and problems which can be solved through AECOM’s combined experience.
The successful candidate will pre-position AECOM for targeted opportunities and work with clients to develop the prospective project, and then transition the specific project pursuit to the appropriate teams while maintaining client relations and monitoring progress.
- You have well informed perspectives on urbanisation and the digital age, innate curiosity, and an ability to capture and apply the technical insights from our teams to solve our client’s problems and make Sydney brilliant.
- 15+ yrs. experience in the public and/or private sectors in an executive position.
- Experience leading diverse teams through influence and persuasion.
- Proven track record in developing and pre-positioning for integrated projects that span design, construction services, operations and maintenance.
- Relevant technical background in large urban infrastructure programs.
- Demonstrated influential leadership skills, with analytical ability and experience with strategic planning and corporate processes.
- Strong collaborative nature/approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including development of unique thought leadership positions and campaigns.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Building Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 197254BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.