|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance, within the Fixed Plant Maintenance team your duties will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development
- Undertaking preventative maintenance inspections in accordance with maintenance planning systems and recommending appropriate follow-up action
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications
- Carrying out all activities within the whole-of-job scope, including pre-work, preparation of JHAs, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks
- Be self-directed, ensuring that operating and maintenance targets are achieved
- Provide feedback to Supervisor on inspections completed
- Monitor contracting jobs in progress and look for safety improvements in the way the job is being conducted
- Breakdown and shift maintenance responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of plant
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Minimum of C class manual driver's license;
- Trades Certificate in Electrical discipline;
- A Grade WA Electrical License;
- HV Ticket highly desirable
- Competent in the use of SAP or computer based maintenance systems desired.
- Good analytical skills for a high level of problem solving and sharing of solutions within the department;
- Ability to plan and organise to complete a task;
- Ability to work within a team to achieve outcomes;
- Experience in rotating plant, hydraulic, pneumatics and electro-mechanical systems;
- Experience with iron ore processing: maintaining crushing, screening, stacking, reclaiming and train loading; and
- Experience troubleshooting electrical, control and hydraulic systems.
**Location You will be based at our ‘Eastern Ridge’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out 2 weeks on, 1 week off roster. The Eastern Ridge mine is made up of several deposits and contributes to the overall ore production of the Newman Joint Venture hub.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**