|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Lead for Control Systems and Electrical within the Governance and Technical Stewardship (GTS) team your duties will include:
- Providing Electrical and technical support to the various stakeholders
- Manage the governance of Electrical & Control System standards and technology for Rail across a broad range of equipment
- Participating in or leading Electrical Safety Audits on site installations or operations
- Completion of Critical Control Verifications on site
- Ensuring the various stakeholders are made aware of any applicable Engineering Standards and ensuring contractors adhere to work standards
- Providing support to the project functions in all stages of projects where electrical & control technical support is required
- Reviewing renewed standards and updating standards as required
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline
- Broad experience in procedures related to Electrical & Control Systems, with exposure to functional safety being highly regarded
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal, being able to effectively communicate and establish rapport across all levels
- A positive attitude towards work, with the ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Current full West Australian “C” class motor vehicle license
With this role, you have the choice of either being residentially based in Port Hedland on a 5/2 or fly-in fly-out from Perth to Port Hedland on a 5/2 4/3 roster. BHP supports a flexible work environment and as such, rosters are negotiable.
Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park.
Remuneration and Benefits
Join us and be rewarded with interesting, challenging work in a supportive team culture. Develop skills for life whilst enjoying access to benefits including; incentive bonus, award winning share scheme, education assistance and generous superannuation scheme. As part of our commitment to inclusion and diversity, we offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 69090
- We reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.