|Job Type:||Full Time|
Location: WTC MELBOURNE, Australia
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our Site
Our Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery. As such, we are looking to engage a Human Machine Interface (HMI) Technology Expertand play a key role in the delivery of a brand Air Traffic Management System.
- Provide expertise on the various technologies that are used to develop and support the new Air Traffic Management HMI
- Propose the introduction of new technologies after industrial de-risking mitigation plans
- Oversee the technical interface between the platform and the hardware technology
- Manage the obsolescence of HMI technology and associated COTS
- Coach and the support the HMI Development team and ensure that best practice are implemented
- Degree qualification in Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong knowledge of HMI technology such as JAVA FX, Open GL, X11
- Track record of software design and development on large scale projects
- Understanding of configuration management tools and continuous integration
- Experience in management
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!