|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
The DDG Ship Repair Project represents one of the key service projects for Thales Ship Repair Services. The DDG Program team comprises a core team of approximately 30 permanent Thales employees responsible for undertaking “Routine” and “Ad-Hoc” activities defined under the DDG SR Contract. The Technical Library Coordinator is accountable for providing document and library services to support the DDG Enduring Ship Repair Contract.
- Collaboratively working within the Hobart Class DDG Technical Library team.
- Retaining, maintaining and providing access to stored data, predominantly from the Commonwealth’s Objective database to CMT-M.
- Managing IT projects and applications to streamline the resource environment
- Providing controlled and formally distributed data to internal and external customers.
- Archiving data as necessary.
- Performing Configuration Management tasks and activities as required.
- Previous experience within a similar position within Data Management
- Trained in Library or Configuration Management fundamentals, either through internal training or formal qualifications.
- Intermediate MS office and IT skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- Police and medical checks will be required for this role.