|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) is a global leader in advanced Sonar systems and for more than 2 decades has been responsible for delivering systems to both civilian and military customers. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Project Engineer to coordinate and conduct refurbishment activities for Thales Sonar Systems related to the Collins Class Submarines.
- Coordinate and conduct the refurbishment of inboard and outboard sonar equipment from Collins class submarines during Full Cycle Docking. (FCD)
- Responsible for work packages outside FCD relating to repair, refurbishment and procurement required to maintain Scylla ISS inventory levels
- Generation, monitoring and closure of work packages for internal departments and external contractors.
- Generating quotes for refurbishment, repair and procurement activities.
- Providing routine status reports on refurbishment activities.
- Occasional interstate travel required
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering with appropriate Professional development to be eligible for Professional Membership of Engineers Australia in an electronic/electrical engineering field.
- Previous experience as a project engineering in a mechanical/electronics engineering environment.
- Demonstrated combination of technical and leadership skills.
- Experience with hardware/software integration..
Showcase your skills, apply now and be part of something big.
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance NV1.
- National police and medical clearance checks will be required for this role.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.