|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Manager Next Generation Mine Planning, your key accountabilities will include:
- Provide the product vision and solution that aligns with the future state of Decision Automation and solves the challenges of the Business Sponsors
- Adopt and adapt process and technologies from other industries into mining
- Re-engineer business processes
- Test hypotheses to reduce uncertainty and risk in product development
- Define use cases, prioritise and manage the product backlog
- Lead and collaborate with a team of architects, developer and subject matter experts to deliver product releases using agile work practices
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and track quantifiable value improvement
- Lead workshops to drive outcomes for the project
- Work with other functions in technology to oversee the implementation of your work
- Communicate with, influence and manage relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Stay up to date with and understand concepts of emerging technologies in both mining and other industries
To be successful in this role, you will have a solid understanding of mining and its processes. You can demonstrate deep interest and knowledge in innovation, digital technology and its potential, as well as industry 4.0 concepts and best practice applications including decision automation. You are a thought leader, who can passionately and clearly articulate the future vision. Experience in manufacturing, aerospace or automotive is desirable but not essential. Demonstrated agile delivery capability and an understanding of Design Thinking and Lean Start-up approaches will be highly regarded.
You have superior interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to influence, and build credibility and trust across all organisational levels. As the preferred candidate, you are likely to be degree qualified in Science, Technology, Engineering or associated discipline and have 7+ years’ experience in a related field and in an organisation of comparable breadth, depth and complexity. Experience in process redesign, business transformation approaches, and implementation of business and operational information systems/technologies is highly desirable. You will be a resourceful and collaborative problem-solver who can deal with complexity and distil key issues from a variety of stakeholders. You will operate effectively across a team and ensure effective execution of tasks in a dynamic environment.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.