|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Based in Perth with some site travel, the IP Transmission and Communication Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining the IP transport network of long-term evolution (LTE) and digital radio system (DRS).
Reporting to the Superintendent Wireless Communications, your key accountabilities will include:
- Actively participate in the development of maintenance strategies and plans to end to end transmission and transport network of DRS and LTE to maintain all Electronic Security, Safety Critical Communications and Production System Applications such as fleet management, drilling operation and GPS broadcast.
- Maintain the day to day Availability and Maintenance of the IP transport network for Digital Radio System (DRS) and Long Term Evolution (LTE) including the IP interfaces and communications components of the packet core system and tetra DAMM system
- Act as an escalation point for issues and drives resolution to meet SLAs
- Provides input into the resolution (both reactive and proactive) of problems assisting with identifying root-causes and implementation of remedies to prevent future incidents
- Actively engage in identifying and creating corrective / non-strategy task lists for reoccurring work to support efficient and effective planning and safe work execution
- Provide coaching to other team members to ensure knowledge transfer and training is embedded within the team
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to support teams to resolve priority issues
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have a trade certificate or tertiary qualification in Communications, Networking, Electronics, Information Technology or related discipline, and 5+ years post-qualification experience - preferably gained working in a large processing, mining/heavy industry environment. You will be multi-skilled across IP network engineering, communications and electronic systems including Digital Radio Communication network, packet core, IP transport network and transmission in Long-Term Evolution (LTE).
You will be familiar with task related to maintaining complex IT/OT network systems and have experience troubleshooting fibre and copper network systems. Familiarity with SAP and ServiceNow (or similar ITSM systems) is advantageous, as are ITIL or CCNP certifications. A proven track record of safety management, a valid Australian C class driver’s license and a CCNA certification are mandatory for this role. A solid technical background in a hosted services environment, including infrastructure networks, servers, security, virtualization, and storage would be beneficial, as would an open/unrestricted cabling licence.
As the preferred candidate, you will have experience in reviewing and/or developing detailed technical drawings, reports and test procedures and can demonstrate high levels of attention to detail. Your oral and written communication skills are well developed, you possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills (including root-cause analysis) with the ability to prioritise effectively in a high-pressure environment. You are an excellent team player who can also work in a standalone capacity.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.