|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Play a key role in driving change and complement our team with your refined Planning experience within the Maritime industry
- Why Thales? We are an industry leader who develop unrivalled state of the art technologies across a broad range of industries. We offer excellent career opportunities and great benefits and rewards to all of our employee
- This position is based in Waterhen, Sydney
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry.
We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
As a Planner you will provide project control planning support for the In Service support Maintenance Team for routine, emergent and corrective maintenance tasks performed on the Royal Australian Navy’s Minehunter Coastal (MHC) vessels.
- Provide detailed planning for maintenance availabilities including emergent and additional corrective work
- Assisting in requesting quotations (RFQ) from subcontractors for routine and corrective maintenance tasks
- Print and vet job tickets from the RAN’s Asset Maintenance & Planning System (AMPS), including standard activities and requests for maintenance (TM200), for inclusion into RFQs.
- Aid in reviewing responses to subcontractor RFQs for completeness and reasonableness and transcribe them into a suitable format
- Development and maintenance of schedules, including post availability sea-trials.
- Schedules include routine maintenance; corrective maintenance, defects and deficiencies (TI-338), outstanding construction work and configuration changes as well as the interfaces with other agencies conducting work during the scheduled availability.
- Managing the allocation and implementation of discrete ISS Work Packages (WP) into Primavera Core Model, Trident and the THALES ERP System (CINCOM).
- Minimum qualification required is Engineering Certificate, Material Planning Certificate or extensive industry experience in related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package and strong organisational and time management skills.
- Proficient in the operation of computer scheduling systems (for eg Primavera, MS Project, etc)
- Minimum of one year post certificate industrial experience or minimum of three years relevant industrial experience.
- Ability to read technical drawings and parts lists.
- Excellent communication across civilian and defence management stream
Must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.