|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
Our OperationsOne of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement.The Specialist will assist the Production Execution Supervisor to safely and efficiently operate the Hydromet and Solvent Extraction areas, ensuring reliable and cost effective production of copper electrolyte, uranium oxide concentrate and the deposition of tailings and disposal of process liquors.In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching the team
- Maintain an understanding of the processes involved, while establishing and maintaining good working relationships in a team environment
- Implement and review standard operating procedures and ensure that training is conducted for production employees in a manner which ensures competency
- Assist the shift supervisor in all areas of their responsibility and act in their role in the event of vacancy or absence
- Participate in plant inspections to assist with pro-active maintenance
- Identify skills shortfalls and provide input to training plan and modules in conjunction with Training officers
- Identify equipment damage and/or failure and ensure corrective maintenance is conducted at the earliest opportunity
- Participate in regular performance and development reviews and participate in development outcomes as identified
- Supports continuous improvement by constantly looking for opportunities to improve work practices and procedures
- Complete 1SAP time confirmations and notification history and raise 1SAP maintenance notifications
- Conduct and record night shift TRS surveillance activities and report any anomalies or observations with the potential to undermine dam integrity
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Extensive experience in Hydro SX (or a similar Processing) environment
- Ability to work effectively within the Olympic Dam operations and functional teams
- Ability to communicate across multiple levels and disciplines
- Experience in MS Office software, particularly MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Competent 1SAP skills
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.