|Job Type:||Part Time|
Werribee Mercy is a fast growing general Hospital serving the needs of the western growth corridor of suburban and outer suburban Melbourne. It provides emergency services, acute medical and surgical services, psychiatric and maternity services to the adults, children and families of the region. The 16 bed level 4 special care nursery supports the 3,800 birth per year labour ward with over 700 admissions each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Located at Werribee Mercy Hospital
- Provide leadership for the current Special Care Nursery and related neonatal services
- Report to and work with the Clinical Director of Paediatric services to aid the expansion of outpatient and inpatient paediatric services
- 0.4 EFT. Opportunities for private practice or additional clinical appointments subject to negotiation.
- Application is appropriate for but is not confined to existing WMH SCN paediatric consultant staff
- For the appropriate clinician this role could be combined with the Clinical Director of Paediatrics role (see WMH 220).
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
- Registered with the Australian Health Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with specialist qualifications in Paediatrics which are recognised by the National Qualification Advisory Committee of Australia.
- A strong background in specialist paediatric and/or neonatology practice as relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated Leadership abilities and an involvement in teaching at an undergraduate and postgraduate level is required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that has delivered a new critical care unit and will take total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Dr Michael J Rasmussen, Clinical Director of Women’s and Children’s Services; Mercy Hospitals Victoria, email@example.com
Quote Ref No: WMH 221
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 October 2018