ABOUT THE ROLE:
Mercy Mental Health, a provider of Public Adult Mental Health services for the South-West Metropolitan area in Melbourne, is seeking an experienced Consultant Psychiatrist to join our clinical team.
All enquiries welcome & start date negotiable. Relocation assistance within Australia is available.
- Provide clinical leadership and support in Mental Health Services, including supervision of junior medical staff
- Roles across the service may be negotiated
- Full time fixed term 12 month contracts (to be extended by mutual agreement)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists or equivalent
- Specialist Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- You will have well-developed communications skills and be comfortable practicing within a Recovery Orientated Mental Health Service framework
- You will have demonstrated clinical leadership skills
- Prior experience working in the Public Mental Health Service system will be of benefit
Appointment will be subject to the preferred applicant providing credentialing documentation as required by the Department of Health and Human Services policy "Credentialing and Defining the Scope of Clinical Practice for Medical Practitioners in Victorian Health Services (2011)".
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: A/Prof Dean Stevenson, Clinical Services Director, Mental Health Services (03) 9928 7483 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: MMH 104
Applications Close: Sunday, 28 October 2018