|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineering Solution Manager based at our Bendigo site. Our Bendigo site is focused on the design and manufacturing of Protected Vehicles including the iconic Bushmaster and the incredible new Hawkei vehicles.
This role will lead, coach and develop a team of engineers and will be focused on not only all the delivery aspects but the technical oversight also. The manager is responsible for the electrical subsystems from design, through to vehicle integration, testing acceptance and support. Critical to the success of this position is the ability to integrate with the wider vehicle design as well as customer requirements.
- Lead the team of engineers and technicians including prioritising work within the team
- Develop and maintain schedules for development of subsystems
- Lead regular meetings for the electrical team raising any major issues
- Regular reporting on work progress and participation in design progress and planning meetings as well as design reviews
- Lead electrical related architectural aspects for the vehicle and provide technical support to other vehicle teams for any design related changes
- Degree qualified in electrical, electronics or mechatronics engineering with solid industry experience in a similar electrical team leadership position
- Experienced in the design, development and support of complex systems in the automotive industry is key
- You have a solid understanding of vehicle related complex systems/products
- Passionate about leading a successful and high performing team with the proven ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
Must be an Australian Citizen to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Relocation support to Bendigo for the successful candidate will be provided.