|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development.
Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) is a global leader in advanced Sonar systems and for more than 2 decades has been responsible for delivering systems to both civilian and military customers. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Material Controller to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for Planning and scheduling manufacturing requirements in order to maintain uninterrupted production.
- Coordinate all material requirements and act as the Production Planner by using our ERP system to schedule material and resources
- Issue purchase requisitions and production orders to the shop floor and track progress against schedule
- Monitor quality output from the Production floor against standards
- Contribute to the early stages of production preparation in respect of resolving lead times and some cost elements to define the most effective planning, procurement and production strategy
- Be accountable for the accuracy and optimisation of all planning parameters and data within an ERP system.
- Previous experience working in supply chain management with the ability to coordinate complex supply/material purchasing and scheduling tasks
- Extensive knowledge in inventory management and logistics within production and or manufacturing environment
- Background working within a defence environment is highly regarded
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail orientated and well organised
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.