|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.Reporting to the Superintendent Site Systems, the Specialist Site Systems will actively support Department Managers, Superintendent and Supervisors, and is accountable for the management, improvement and governance of the site Safety and Health Management System and supports implementation of the site’s Training Scheme. You will be responsible for leading the initiation, ongoing support and continuous improvement of the Safety and Health Management System and Training Scheme, providing support to the teams on site that govern work practices and risk control processes, additionally implementing sustainable training management.
This full time role is based at our Daunia Mine Site and is offered on a 4/4, 4/2 (days) roster.
- Governance of our SHMS and compliance framework processes, ensuring the integrity of our core document framework;
- Proposing and leading initiatives to ensure legal compliance with the QLD Coal Mining Legislation;
- Support site leaders as they translate safety management systems into day to day reality;
- Develop strong relationships with our key stakeholders including Legal, Health Safety & Environment, Training and Risk & Governance;
- Lead and have involvement in internal and external audits;
- Support the Site Systems Superintendent and team to drive compliance, training, and reporting initiatives that positively influence the safety culture and performance of the site.To be successful in this role, you will need to have Site experience in QLD Open Cut Coal Mining. The successful applicant will have the ability to understand legislative and procedural requirements and translate them into documented systems for practical application.
We are seeking a strong communicator with great influencing and coaching skills. You will need to have personable and professional approach with people at all levels of the organisation. Fundamental is a proactive approach in identifying issues with the confidence to generate and out forward creative solutions. Strong computer skills are essential.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.