|Job Type:||Full Time|
From locomotives,trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC,electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems,Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessiblemobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we alsooffer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligenttransport technologies.
We currently have an excitingopportunity for two CS Service Team - Solution Engineertojoin our Siemens Mobility Customer Services team to work on Rail SystemsProjects. Based in our Docklands offices in Melbourne, the successful candidatewill have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business thathas immense market potential.
The CS Service Team - Solution Engineersupports Service business froman operational and strategic perspective deploying detailed know-how on serviceofferings, products and application domain. Contributes to the Tendering,Delivery and Ongoing Service of projects managed by the CS team at SiemensMobility as well as supporting when required on Siemens Mobility CommunicationsEngineering Projects contributing to Digitisation Initiatives
- Deploys detailed knowledge and expertise about the organisation's Service offering, related products and application domain to improve eitherbusiness operations (e.g. support for critical/important project issues) and/orstrategic innovations (e.g. Service offering / portfolio innovation).
- Maintains a close interaction with various management functions.
- Supports acquisition activities with detailed technical know how oncomplex issues.
- Adheres to and enforces the organisation's internal processes and rulesas well as public standards and regulations.
- Completes broad scope of technical tasks includinginstallation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customer’s equipmentand systems among others (after PM100).
- Determines priorities of tasks and actions and schedules measuresaccordingly.
- Supports customer remotely and onsite, and provides 2nd and 3rd leveluser support in case of arising issues.
- Contributes to or conducts the maintenance and improvement of internaltools, equipment, processes, and data repositories.
- Contributes to or executes activities for estimation, planning, andreview of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition,negotiation, planning and management (partly before PM100).
- May manage sub-contractors and monitors delivery.
- May be involved in technical design and developments for serviceofferings.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering complex technology based projects.
- At least 4 years in communication design and implementation for thedelivery of Complex Systems projects preferably with part of that experience onRail Systems Projects.
- Experience with Systems Engineering on a variety of Projects.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other culturalenvironments (intercultural experience).
- Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying high availabilitycommunications networks, and server architectures
- Ability to trouble shoot complex software and network based environments
Siemens is a proudequal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity andinclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and inturn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity andinclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 77354
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time