|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.As the Electrical Engineering Technician, you will be responsible to undertake day-to-day preventative and breakdown maintenance & operation of FIFO camp electrical assets. The location of this role is within NPI camps, based at Mining Area C Mine site.
Reporting to the Supervisor NPI (Non-Process Infrastructure), you role will include but not limited to;
- Undertaking preventative maintenance inspections in accordance with maintenance planning systems and recommending appropriate follow-up action;
- Working from schematic drawings, prints, plans or manuals, and recording any modifications;
- Breakdown and fault analysis, repairs and servicing on commercial assets, commercial and split air conditioning systems;
- Carrying out commissioning, fault finding and repair work within the whole-of-job scope, including pre-work, preparation of JHAs, organising materials, execution, testing and completion of tasks;
- Safely carry out equipment isolations in preparation for maintenance and shutdowns;
- Accurately completing documentation, including drawing mark-ups and technical reporting;
- Accurately recording information for Quality and Reliability reporting; Contribute to continuous improvement of maintenance systems and cost saving initiatives.
- Utilising computerised maintenance management systems; and undertaking training as required
LocationYou will be based at Mining Area C located 120km north of Newman on a fly-in fly-out 8/6 roster. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis, TV and DVD player. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Australian C class Driver’s License
- Experience in FIFO Camp maintenance or similar fields
- Trade Certificate in Electrical
- Western Australian “A” grade Electrical License
- Working knowledge of at least Word, Excel, Adobe
- 1SAP or Fiori experience desirable but not mandatory
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. Reference Number – 67798
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
We support flexible work at BHP. Talk to us about the flexible working options in this team.