|Job Type:||Full Time|
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) is a global leader in advanced Sonar systems and is responsible for delivering systems to both civilian and military customers.
The Electronics Engineer sits within the Under Water Systems engineering team comprising Systems, Electronics, Mechanical, Software and Production engineers for the delivery of these solutions and services.
- Conduct Electronics Engineering design (analogue and digital), development, testing, integration of electronics sub-systems and equipment
- Develop minimum design capture documentation such as specifications, design reports, electrical diagrams, printed circuit boards, bill of materials and test reports.
- Prepare Prototype (Analogue/digital) equipment designs, source parts/materials, assemble, integrate and test against engineering specifications.
- Provide technical input into and assist with the development of system-level architectures
- Ensure the quality and configuration control of produced design, manufacturing and test data
- Qualifications in Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering/Science Degree
- Knowledge of and experience with analogue hardware design
- Knowledge of and experience in PCB design and layout tools
- Knowledge in circuit simulation tools
- Knowledge of and experience with medium/high speed digital design
- Demonstrated ability to take designs through to production
Showcase your skills, apply now and be part of something big.
- This role may require you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) and you will need to be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- Police and medical checks will be required for this role.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now.