|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About Nickel West
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West produces nickel in-concentrate and has its operations located throughout Western Australia - comprising mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery.
Nickel West is rich in technical know-how, innovative and focused on transforming our business. We are taking advantage of the significant changes we can see occurring around the world, by supplying nickel sulphate to the New Energy market.
- Family friendly roster working 7 days on-6 days off, 7 nights on-8 days off roster
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
Working in both the Mechanical Maintenance Workshop and underground, you will be responsible for preventative and breakdown maintenance of all underground and surface mobile equipment.
Team members are expected to demonstrate focus on safety, achievement and team engagement in all aspects of their work. Opportunities to step up in a supervisory capacity and working with a friendly and engaging crew.
- Trade Qualified Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic;
- Previous history working on Underground equipment such as Caterpillar Loaders, Atlas Copco MT6020 trucks and Sandvik & Atlas Copco drill rigs is preferred;
- Electronic diagnostic tool exposure highly regarded;
- Computer literacy and/or experience in 1SAP (advantageous but not essential);
- Experience in underground mining operations environment is highly desirable;
- Motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and engage in team operations
- A current "C" Class driver’s license or national equivalent;
- Overhead Crane, Dogging/Rigging, EWP and Forklift License; (desirable)
- Experience in stepping up to lead and support teams will be highly regarded but not essential.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
**Nickel West Cliffs****Nickel West Cliffs is located approximately 375 kilometres north of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. Cliffs underground Nickel Mine is an integral part of Nickel West Leinster comprising of a nickel concentrator and dryer, located 12 kilometres south of Nickel West Mt Keith. Employees at Cliffs reside at the Mt Keith village, some of the amenities at your disposal include internet connection, outdoor swimming pool, health and fitness equipment, indoor cricket, basketball court, BBQ areas plus and arrange of social activities.
As part of our commitment to health and safety Nickel West Cliffs is a smoke free operation and has a clean shaven policy.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
At BHP, we recognize that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.**