ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Full time (38 hours/week) for fixed term of 4 months
- Based at Mercy Hospital for Women, Heidelberg & Werribee Mercy Hospital
- This role will deliver clinical pharmacy services to inpatients and outpatients including medication reconciliation, dispensing and counseling, and participation in multidisciplinary meetings and ward rounds.
- This position offers applicants the challenges and rewards of working in a small but dedicated team
- There will also be expectation to participate in patient audit, quality projects, guideline review and practice-based research, and undergo SHPA ClinCAT review.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy degree, with current AHPRA registration (including evidence of last 12 months CPD)
- Prior hospital experience is desirable
- Pharmacy internship in hospital setting is encouraged
- Patient focused approach to clinical pharmacy
- An interest in contributing to audit, research, education and teaching
Mercy Hospital for Women is a fully accredited Level 6 Public Specialist Teaching Hospital providing both public and private patient care through maternity services, neonatology and paediatrics, perioperative services, gynaecology, women’s health and associated health, support and diagnostic services. We are a major teaching hospital and specialist referral centre with the medical, nursing, midwifery and allied health expertise to treat the most complex obstetric, neonatal and gynaecological cases.
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that has delivered a new critical care unit and takes the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: James Dwyer, Director of Pharmacy, MHVL 8458 4667
Quote Ref No: MHVL 26
Applications Close: Sunday, 21 October 2018