|Job Type:||Full Time|
BID AND PROJECT MANAGER
- This important role will be to manage and be responsible for acquisition, development, support services, and major bid projects within the Avionics Training & Simulation business in Thales.
- Why Thales? We are an industry leader who develop unrivalled state of the art technologies across a broad range of industries. We offer excellent career opportunities and great benefits and rewards to all of our employees.
- This position will be located at Rydalmere
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working.
We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you. That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The Bid and Project Manager will be responsible for the establishment, management & delivery of Projects and Bids within the Training & Simulation business line. As a Bid and Project Manager you will demonstrate knowledge and expertise with the key project management competencies.
Your day to day role will include:
- Defining the initial baseline based on a viable solution/project.
- Handling and mitigate risks and opportunities within the project.
- Defining major milestone for delivery and acceptance, consolidate costs and validate the whole project baseline for the bid.
- Managing all financial and commercial aspects of the bid, acquisition and support services projects..
- Stakeholder management.
- Lead, execute, monitor and control the project or bid until its completion
Skills and Experience
- A tertiary degree and/or formal qualification in Business, Project Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Confidently provide comprehensive consulting, support and/or auditing advice related to a specific discipline to others when required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced ability to lead all and/or part of a project and participating teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build and maintain rapport with key contributors.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Special Requirements: Please note that this role requires NV1 Defence Security Clearance and candidates must be eligible for or have NV1 Defence Security Clearance. Candidates must also meet citizenship and ITAR requirements.