|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development. The Secure Communications and Information Systems (SIX) business unit delivers military ICT solutions, secure communications, electronic vehicle integration, cyber security, intelligence services and equipment support services.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for performing requirements analysis, technical studies, design tasks, systems integration, verification and engineering support activities to provide new and upgraded systems for THALES projects and bids.
- Understanding of customer’s needs and through life cycle (e.g. advanced studies, simulations, mock-ups, models, prototypes, …)
- Formalisation of mission / function description, architectural design and requirements,
- Formalisation of the specification and the engineering plans used to develop the solution/product,
- Assembly of the solution / product elements in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behaviour, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the solution / product has been designed are fulfilled,
- Demonstration that the solution / product satisfy the overall approved operational needs and that the product data package is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
Your skills and experience
- Engineering Degree suitable to achieve membership of the Engineers Australia in relevant Communications, Computing, IT or Electronics related field.
- Engineering experience in the design and implementation Defence Information & Communication Technology (ICT) or similar complex electronic systems.
- Experience working within a Systems Engineering lifecycle.
- Experience with authoring/reviewing technical documentation.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates need to hold minimum baseline security clearance in Australia.
This role may need you to work with information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR).
Interested so far? Please click on 'Apply' to submit your cover letter and your CV.