|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We are now seeking suitably qualified individuals to take up the role of Specialist – Strategy and Market Intelligence.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Market Intelligence, you will be responsible for internal and external industry analysis, competitor analysis and performance benchmarking, and stewardship of the supply side analysis for the commodity price protocols. In addition you will assist in developing and communicating the commodity strategy, maintaining alignment with BHP’s portfolio strategy.
The role will be based in our Brisbane office in the CBD while supporting the Head of S&MI to deliver content for internal and external strategy and industry-related communications including Board briefings and investor presentations.
You will be an important contributor to insights in relation to the specific commodities to inform the portfolio strategy development process along with providing perspective and input for the development of Group scenarios to ensure the commodity narrative is consistent and plausible.
**Key accountabilities include:
- Deliver competitor analysis, benchmarking and communication of key performance metrics;
- Monitor, interpret and communicate the industry news and events, identifying structural dynamics and signposts to enable business action;
- Support the development of industry insight and knowledge through the identification and delivery of in-depth industry analysis for the commodity;
- Develop and maintain supply models for the commodity including cost, margin and inducement curves for the global industry in addition to managing commodity price protocols;
- Identify and conduct in-depth analysis to inform views and assumptions on operating costs, capital intensity, project tonnage profiles and logistics of global supply;
- Collaborate with the BHP Billiton community (Marketing, Regions, Asset) to validate information and develop insights;
- Support the development of the Commodity Strategy, and its incorporation into Capital Prioritisation, Business Plans and Opportunity Assessments;
- Supporting the preparation of strategy and investor briefings for the Asset and Regional Leadership teams, Executive Leadership Team and Board; and
- Support broader PS&D activities (portfolio and corporate strategy development, business development, scenario development, etc.).
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Engineering, Business or related discipline is essential;
- MBA and/or other relevant higher education desirable;
- A strategic long term outlook with the ability to identify key trends, evaluate opportunities and anticipate future needs and challenged;
- Demonstrated ability of making effective use of systematic approaches to address complex challenges;
- Ability to operate in a data rich environment, extracting information and formulating views;
- Strong analytical and modelling capabilities with Excel skills (formulas, graphics, pivot tables) and proficiency with PowerPoint and Word;
- Experience within the resources industry is highly desirable;
- Previous experience in stakeholder management;
- Prior experience in Market Analysis; and
- Proven ability to promote teamwork, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
In addition to development and experience attained through your primary role, you will also be part of the Global Portfolio Strategy and Development Resource Pool, which provides unrivalled opportunities for growth and exposure across the world’s largest diversified resources company. Opportunities to work across other PS&D disciplines such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Business Development, Corporate Planning and Investment Evaluation [ensure hiring Functional Area is omitted] will be available subject to business requirement and will be managed via individual’s unique and tailored development plan.At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**