|Job Type:||Part Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is an exciting time to join Werribee Mercy Hospital with current and future developments and expansion of our services to ultimately become a tertiary facility. Opportunities are available to join our existing dynamic acute medical nursing team on Ward C3. As we look towards building speciality areas; Ward C3 will have an endocrinology focus in addition to managing the existing range of medical conditions.
- Permanent Part Time - 64/72hrs
- Manage, facilitate and coordinate on a shift by shift basis, the activity of Ward C3.
- Provide clinical and managerial support to staff.
- Provide quality client-focused care ensuring a holistic approach to the patient, and their carers.
- Act as a role model by encouraging best practice philosophy amongst staff and practice within the core values of Mercy Health
- Registered with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse
- Recent experience in acute medical nursing
- Recent experience as an ANUM highly desirable
- Recent experience undertaking in-charge shift responsibilities
- Post Graduate qualification or equivalent in the relevant speciality or working towards same desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Michelle Edwards and Kate Bermingham, Nurse Unit Manager - Ward C3, (03) 8754 3494 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: WMH 209
Applications Close: Sunday, 14 October 2018