|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced Midwife that is keen to become part of a friendly and supportive multi-disciplinary team working in a modern, well equipped service, providing care for women across the spectrum of maternity care? We welcome applications from both RM and RN/RM who embrace the opportunity to be part of a fast paced environment providing care to nearly 4,000 moderate to low risk women each year. We are proud that many of our Midwives choose to birth their own babies here!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- As an ANUM you will provide positive leadership in a modern, well equipped environment.
- Variety of fixed term and permanent positions available
- Senior role that includes management responsibilities, particularly in the day-to-day organisation of Maternity Services in the absence of the Midwifery Unit Manager
- Work as a member of a dynamic multidisciplinary team that provides, quality client-focused care ensuring a holistic approach to the patient, and their carers.
- Flexibility required to work in all areas of maternity services and across all shifts including night duty
- Opportunity for autonomous practice within a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Extensive Education support
- Visa sponsorship available for successful applicants
- We are working towards implementation of MGP and specialised culturally appropriate Antenatal Clinics
If you are looking to take the next exciting and challenging step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
- Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with demonstrated previous experience in leadership
- Demonstrated midwifery expertise in antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal care.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to prioritize, adapt and offer mentoring and supervision to midwifery students and graduates
- Credentialed to perform IV cannulation and perineal suturing (or working towards)
- Recent successful completion of RANZCOG fetal surveillance education program Level 3 competency,
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Nurse Unit Managers - Louise Thompson on (03) 8754 3408 email@example.com or Kate Brown (03) 8754 3081 firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote Ref No: WMH 208
Applications Close: Friday, 19 October 2018