ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Fixed Term contract 32 hours per week until February 2020
- Rotational post across community mental health teams and Community Care Unit
- Develop clinical skills by undertaking a clinical caseload and in doing so ensuring standards are met, evidence based practice is implemented and that the service is responsive to the needs of the community.
- Provide comprehensive, individualised, recovery focused care to mental health clients, through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical interventions from a occupational therapy perspective
- Participate in the Mental Health Graduate Academic Program, including attendance at study days, completion of clinical practice assessments and assignments, and group reflective practice sessions
- Individual clinical supervision provided
- Opportunities for future employment post completion of the Graduate Year program
- A recognised degree in Occupational Therapy and eligibility for AHPRA registration.
- Practice under a Recovery Orientated Mental Health Service Framework
- Up to date knowledge of clinical, legal and professional implications of practice, as well as relevant local policies and procedures
- Current valid Victorian drivers licence
Mercy Mental Health supports people in south west metropolitan Melbourne with severe and complex mental illnesses by providing acute and community-based care. Services are available to adults through acute inpatient programs, residential rehabilitation programs and crisis and community recovery-focused treatment programs. We also offer inpatient and community specialist perinatal mental health services to women and infants in western Victoria.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we embrace diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and valued. Mercy Health encourages Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Deborah Gant, Clinical Manager, Wyndham Clinic, Tel: 8734 1550
Quote Ref No: MMH 99
Applications Close: Friday, 19 October 2018