|Job Type:||Part Time|
From landing the first astronauts on the moon to building the first cognitive system to win Jeopardy!, IBM with its diverse culture, continues to be the innovative spark of the computing revolutions that shape our world. At the core of IBM’s innovation are its 12 global research labs. IBM Research Australia is a young, proud and diverse community working on industry solutions, conceiving, designing and building next generation enterprise systems.
We are looking for a full time 6 or 12 month intern starting in January 2019. The successful candidate will be part of the research lab infrastructure services & technologies team that supports researchers and software engineers conceive, build, test and deploy solutions for some of the world’s challenging technology problems. You will learn to deploy, manage and support IT infrastructure both locally on premise and in the cloud. You will have the opportunity to gain experience in a wide variety of technologies.
- Second year or later into a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related field with a significant computing content
- Good interpersonal, verbal communication, written communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in the installation and configuration of Linux, OS X, iOS, Android and Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with one or more of the following scripting languages: Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Perl
- Experience in the configuration of TCP/IP networking on Linux, OS X, iOS, Android and Windows on WiFi/Ethernet
- Familiarity with building open source software from source code using git, compilers and build tools
- Familiarity with the installation and use of Integrated Development Environments e.g. Eclipse, Xcode
- Enjoys interaction with both technology & people
- Familiarity with the installation and use of scientific application software such as Jupyter, Matlab, Mathematica
- Familiarity with secure computing practices
- Familiarity with the use of cloud computing platforms
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and tools
To be eligible to apply:
- You will need to be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident
- You will be enrolled in a bachelor degree at a University in Australia/New Zealand
- You will have no more than 2 years full-time relevant work experience
- Upload your CV, cover letter, academic transcript and your Right to Work document (AU/NZ passport, citizenship/birth certificate and photo identification)
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.