|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave - for mum, dad & foster carers.
- Excellent career and development opportunities
Join PwC's Digital Technology Services team as a Data Analytics Developer and solve important problems by applying data analytics.
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia's start up industry, you'll build trust in society and solve important problems.
The Digital Technology Services team help bring this to life through organising and providing relevant technology, processes, information and skills to enable the delivery of differentiating analytics and intelligent solutions to our clients and the firm.
As the Data Analytics Developer your impact will be seen by working closely with the client service and internal teams on designing, developing and maintaining analytical data integration, models and visualisation solutions.
Success does stem from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that’s not all!
- Design and build data analytics solutions based on requirements and industry best practices.
- Deliver robust, innovative and performant data integration, including batch processing and real-time streaming scenarios.
- Create dashboards and reports to present information in a clear and efficient way through engaging visualisation.
- Assist in the implementation and adoption of new platforms and tools from an initial design to proof-of-concept and production phases.
- Work with stakeholders including executive, product, data and design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Propose and develop data models, including data warehouse, analytical and semantic layers.
- Work with our local and Global teams to align and integrate our data solutions with other initiatives.
- Provide consulting and knowledge transfer to the team members and other groups.
The brief is simple...
You have a 3+ years' background in data analytics and are capable of designing and developing data integration or visualisation solutions. You're passionate about data and how it drives value, with a clear understanding of data models, data integration architectures and visualisation tools. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
- Working experience of modelling, querying and integrating databases, including relational (SQL), multi-dimensional (MDX), tabular (DAX), NoSQL.
- Familiarity with analytics and big data related applications and cloud services, their roles, features, configuration and integration options.
- Solid working experience with analytical and BI tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau and D3.js.
- Practical experience with data quality and lineage challenges and solutions.
- Working experience with Python for data extraction and transformation.
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
- Confident translating complex data solution design to non-data savvy leaders and teams.
- Can cope with change, and are eager to learn new technologies and processes.
- Are self-motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we're LinkedIn's number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We're committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn’t go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same*, apply now*.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Sam Thomas is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.