|Job Type:||Full Time|
Tick-the-box compliance role? No
Think outside-the-box compliance role? Yes
Managing risk and regulatory compliance is of utmost importance to PwC and in this ever changing environment its more challenging than ever before.
We are seeking a solutions focused individual with an analytical mindset to interpret auditor independence regulations and policies and assist in providing highly valued advice and creative solutions to our stakeholders.
You'll be providing advice on many and varied topics, providing oversight of and input into key global and local compliance processes and systems, and get to manage and work on major projects . You think laterally and can find constructive, pragmatic and timely solutions to resolve complex issues.
At PwC, our aspiration is to build an inclusive culture which embraces differences – where we live our values every day and our people can be themselves. Because we know that when people from different backgrounds and different points of view work together, we can create the highest value – for our people, our clients and society
You'll have a strong analytical and creative capability and be solutions focused. You'll be keen to understand the basics of current and developing technologies and how they fit within the compliance framework. You will use your excellent communication skills, which will enable you to influence your stakeholders to deliver results. Have exceptional project management skills, and thrive in a collaborative and highly innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
We are seeking a solutions focused individual with an analytical mindset to interpret regulations and assist in providing creative solutions to our stakeholders.
You will also be required to:
- Providing advice on regulatory issues of importance to the business on Australian and foreign independence regulatory and policy requirements
- Managing advice sought from external foreign advisors
- Analysing new business offerings and advising on applications of regulatory and policy requirements
- Supporting the structuring and enabling of new investments
- Researching new and existing Independence legislation and ensuring the business is informed of new legislation and policy
- Developing and implementing independence compliance programs for the business
- Drafting clauses for contracts
- Identifies emerging risks and potential solutions
- Reviews draft legislation and provides advice
- Proposes policy for independence risk management
- Lead and oversee delivery of key compliance processes including training/ communications/ guidance materials
- Relationship Manager for “middle partners” within the business
- Overseeing and reviewing the work of more junior employees
- Coach and develop junior members of team, including through training and sharing knowledge
- Assist with recruitment activities
The brief is simple…
You'll have a strong creativity and analytical capability and be solutions focused. You will use your excellent communication skills, which will enable you to influence your stakeholders to deliver results. Have exceptional project management skills, and thrive in a collaborative and highly innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders.
Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Demonstrate an ability to source and hire talent
- Show potential in making a difference
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients.
Our culture and benefits are why we're LinkedIn’s number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We're committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn't go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same*, apply now*.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Andrew Powell is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all.