|Job Type:||Full Time|
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have two fantastic opportunities for a Senior RAMS Engineer or RAMS Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility team. Based in either of our main locations Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
A key aspect in the delivery and operation of any rail system is managing and controlling the systems Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
To help achieve this a RAMS Engineer adopts a systematic approach throughout all phases of the lifecycle of a railway application and will be able to:
- Define RAMS requirements
- Assess and control risks to RAMS
- Plan and implement RAMS tasks
- Carry out RAMS modelling, prediction and demonstration
- Carry out ongoing monitoring of compliance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Analyse and monitor relevant regulatory standards and requirements
- Be a key contributor to defining project requirements, providing knowledge from a RAMS and regulatory perspective
- Work cooperatively with other engineers to ensure the minimization of project risks and the achievement of compliance with RAMS requirements
- They will follow established RAMS Engineering practices and processes throughout the Project Lifecycle delivering the required outcomes for quality, cost and schedule.
The successful candidate may at times need to act as the RAMS Engineering interface for their areas of responsibility to the Customer, Project Management, the Bid Group, R&D, Product Line Management, other Engineering teams, technical interface partners, and other key stakeholders as necessary.
To be considered for this role for the RAMS Engineer role you will display a minimum of 3 years experience within the Rail transport industry in RAMS using standards such as IEC61508, EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129. For the Senior role you will have a minimum of 5-8 years experience.
Additionally you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or Mathematics. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to build sound working relationships internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Siemens Mobility is looking for people that are aligned with our company values: Excellent, Innovative and Responsible.
Job ID: 61159
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time