|Job Type:||Full Time|
Associate Partner, Digital Business Strategy
Are you interested in helping companies reinvent themselves and their industries for the digital age? Do you want to leverage your business acumen, understanding of cutting edge technology and agile experience to define a vision and strategy for how businesses will remain competitive and grow? Do you have an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset? IBM is developing a world-class Digital Strategy Consulting practice which includes a focus on Strategy Consulting and we are hiring the best talent in the industry.
Be part of an innovative team of strategy consultants that help CEOs and the broader C-suite rethink their businesses and develop strategies that drive growth. We help senior executives determine where to compete, how to differentiate, and how to innovate business models by taking advantage of digital and emerging technologies.
We ask bold questions. We use analytics to find unique opportunities and help our clients think differently. We develop strategies that are supported by robust business cases to ensure benefits are realized. We design strategies through a digital lens and leverage the vast range of capabilities within IBM to help our clients succeed.
As an Associate Partner, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading development of new business opportunities.
- Being a trusted advisor for clients in building a new vision for their company.
- Overseeing a multi-disciplinary team of talented consultants and managers.
- Contributing to the growth and eminence of the practice through thought leadership and practice development activities
- Helping our clients explore disruptive strategies that create business value.
- Promoting IBM’s unique value proposition in the market.
Required background & experience:
- 10 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience.)
- 4 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience.)
- 2 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 2 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements.
- 2 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- 4 years of industry experience in at least one industry.
- Willingness to travel (domestically and globally) up to 4 days a week.
- Degree qualified
- Fluent in English
Preferred background & experience:
- 12 years of general consulting (or other equivalent business experience.)
- 6 years working for a top tier strategy consulting firm developing business strategies for clients and leading strategy engagements (or equivalent experience.)
- 3 years involvement in at least one aspect of a digital transformation (e.g., business modeling, digital marketing, digital growth strategies, etc.)
- 4 years of experience driving the sales of strategy engagements.
- 4 years of experience developing proposals and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- 2 years of experience incorporating design thinking and creative approaches to problem solving and strategy formulation.
- 6 years of industry experience in at least one industry.
- Earned a Masters in Business Administration (strongly preferred) and/or another Masters or Advanced degree in business or technology
Intrigued? We invite you to explore this unique opportunity.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we have kicked off an internal talent strategy program. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee’s strengths and career aspirations
Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
IBM Global Business Services is a leader in global transformation, and there is no better place to launch or further your career. World-class learning opportunities, mentoring and a flexible work environment—you will find a wealth of opportunities within IBM to create the career you’ve always imagined.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.