|Job Type:||Full Time|
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This exciting opportunity is for a person who wants to make a real difference in supporting people with functional decline or disability. The role is part of the Community based Rehabilitation team to support clients to reach their full potential and continue living independently.
As part of the Health Independence Program (HIP) team you will provide and support the delivery of best practice in centre and home based programs to clients within the Wyndham catchment. You will be working alongside a supportive multidisciplinary team of Allied Health staff and Specialist Nurses, Monday – Friday office hours, weekends and public holidays off. HIP consists of 5 services, Community Based Rehabilitation, Complex Care Coordination, Specialist clinics: Falls and Balance and Continence and Residential InReach.
In this role you will provide occupation based interventions designed to achieve client outcomes which, improve, sustain or restore the highest possible level of independence for the client.
- Permanent full time including with rostered day off once a month with possibility of part-time
- Werribee Mercy Hospital – Health Independence Program
- Deliver centre and home based occupational services to a diverse client group with complex health needs.
- Improve self –management skills of clients with chronic diseases
- Expertise in lead and in the development, of occupation based groups including lunch, gardening groups and other multidisciplinary group’s i.e. neuro circuit group.
- Use of motivational interviewing techniques to help clients explore and resolve their uncertainty
- Recognised Degree in Occupational Therapy, current, full registration with AHPRA
- Current Victorian (or equivalent) Drivers Licence
- Strong, relevant clinical skills and experience in sub-acute/ community setting
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills,
- Experience and knowledge in the management of people with rehabilitation and complex chronic care needs
- Commitment to person-centred care and ability to adapt and learn quickly with an ability to work autonomously and flexibly within an inter-professional team
Werribee Mercy Hospital is a General Public Hospital located in the rapidly growing western suburbs of Melbourne. Our services include surgical, medical, maternity, newborn, renal dialysis, emergency, mental health, rehabilitation, aged and palliative care. The hospital is currently undergoing significant expansion with a number of exciting capital projects currently underway, including an $85 million State Government funded redevelopment that will deliver a new critical care unit and take the total number of beds to 298. Join us now and be part of our team as we expand to serve our community.
Mercy Health is a Catholic organisation employing over 8500 people who provide compassionate and holistic care through our acute hospitals, aged care facilities, mental health programs, palliative and respite services, maternity and women’s health services, early parenting services and home care services.
Mercy Health is proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the WGEA.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Values driven culture
- Salary packaging benefits
- Leadership Capability Framework to support your career progression and development
- Camp Australia School Holiday Program
- Thrive @ Mercy – our health & wellbeing hub supporting you to be the best you can be
- Stepping Stones – our flexibility framework supporting your growth and work life balance
- Fully funded childcare referral service
To find out more about these exciting initiatives, please visit Mercy Health Careers homepage (http://careers.mercy.com.au/)
At Mercy Health we pride ourselves on embracing diversity and foster an inclusive culture where individual differences are respected and celebrated. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
To be the successful candidate you must meet the position requirements as well as provide a current Police Record Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply and/or to view the position description, please click “Apply”
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Enquiries to: Brigitte Grant, Manager Health Indepependence Program, 8754 3800 or email@example.com
Quote Ref No: WMH 199
Applications Close: Friday, 12 October 2018