|Location:||Australian Capital Territory|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why work for Thales?
At Thales we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your wellbeing counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.Our commitment extends through our generous benefits package; that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing your career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
About Thales and our opportunity
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solution of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence top question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development. The role is based in our Secure Communications and Information Systems (SIX) business and the team delivers military ICT solutions, secure communications, electronic vehicle integration, cyber security, intelligence services and equipment support services.
- Work under broad professional guidance, independently or as a team member, to implement, integrate and support ICT solutions to the customer.
- Develop and maintain design documentation and operational documentation for ICT solutions.
- Contribute to the formal testing and verification of software to meet customer requirements.
- Develop installation scripts and procedures for operating systems and application software.
- Provide technical advice on relevant technologies and products.
- Attend and participate in regular project meetings and technical reviews
Your skills and experience
- Strong experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Virtualization (Hyper-V 2012 R2)
- Microsoft System Center Suite 2012 R2
- Microsoft PowerShell scripting
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory including group policies
- Experience/knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and other networking technologies
- Experience with authoring/reviewing technical documentation
- Strong oral and written communications and liaison skills
- Ability to integrate Microsoft technologies and products with third party products
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Lync 2013
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2012 R2
- Experience/knowledge of server and storage infrastructure
- Basic understanding of the ISM/eDSM and AGIMO COE policies
Please note that this role requires a Defence Security Clearance and candidates must be eligible for or have a Clearance. Candidates must also meet citizenship and ITAR requirements.
Interested so far? Please click on 'Apply' to submit your cover letter and your CV.