|Job Type:||Full Time|
Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we’re committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We’re always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that’s why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer’s leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you’ll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
OneSKY is a game-changer for Australia’s airspace. The project will unify Australian skies under a new, harmonised air traffic management system. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. It will be the catalyst for better connectivity to underpin Australia’s sustainable growth into the future. OneSKY will transform Australia’ sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
As such, we are looking for a Software Managerto manage and coordinate the development of the **Control and Monitoring System (CMS)**work package of the solution.
Main responsibilities :
- Define and manage the CMS engineering activities to be conducted to develop the solution
- Monitor actual sub-budgets and milestones against the estimated quantities.
- Provide technical supervision of the engineering activities (system engineering, software development and integration) and the delivery of the work package
- Contribute to Quality Management and administration by providing technical leadership, especially with regards to the Engineering Processes
- Manage the technical risks for customer tasks, contribute to program risk management on an ad hoc basis when requested by the Program Manager
- Review, monitor and report on the progress of the engineering subcontract schedule and deliverables
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- High level of proficiency in software development processes in control and monitoring, aeronautic or defence projects : 5+ years
- Financial / Budgetary control of work-packages or segments as well as Earn Value Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to achieve effective outcomes in a multidiscipline & multi-cultural environment
- Experience in delivery of system or software engineering services to tight timelines
- The successful candidate may need to be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and may need to be ITAR cleared
- Occasional interstate and international travel may be required