|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CPB Contractors Dragados Samsung (CPBDS-JV) joint venture has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $3.9bn WestConnex New M5. The New M5 is the second stage of WestConnex and will run in twin tunnels between the existing M5 East at Kingsgrove and new interchange at St Peters, providing improved access to the airport, south Sydney and Port Botany precincts.
With major work having commenced in 2016, the construction scope includes the following:
- New twin tunnels which will more than double capacity along the M5 East corridor and provide motorway access to north of Sydney Airport
- A new interchange at an industrial site at St Peters, which reduces the impact on nearby residential areas
- Connections from the interchange to key roads in the area, including Campbell Road/Street, Euston Road and across the canal to Bourke Road
- Widening of Campbell Road/Street and Euston Road western tunnel entry and exit points at Kingsgrove.
The project is now seeking applications from experienced Project Engineers to manage the delivery of the permanent works (including pavements, drainage, concrete works, barriers and service installations) in the New M5 Tunnel. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for experience on a Tunnelling project.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Project delivery according to budget, program and specific project objectives
- Management and supervision of Site Engineers whilst coordinating site activities
- Prepare and update section program for both internal and external requirements
- Maintain and report actual costs compared to tender of each job at completion
- Prepare monthly reports addressing the performance of the section, areas of concern and opportunities
- Managing Engineers in terms of claims, variations in time and further contractual obligations
- Ensure all project Quality Assurance, OH&S and Environmental requirements are documented and implemented
- Represent the company to the client, independent certifier, subcontractors and the public in a professional and ethical manner and maintain the company image and reputation
This is a site based role and best suited to a tertiary qualified Civil Project Engineer with a minimum of 4 years construction delivery experience who has natural leadership capabilities and enjoys hands on management of site construction activities.
Experience on RMS Projects is highly desired.
If you are interested please apply