|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We have a number of residential opportunities for experience Production Technicians at our Mount Whaleback site, based in Newman. We are seeking employees committed to reducing workplace risk through active participation in behaviour based safety programs, hazard and event reporting procedures whilst contributing to a productive & healthy team culture. These positions will be offered on our Lifestyle Roster Lifestyle Roster (4/5 – 5/4 – 5/5) day and night shift, across the following disciplines;
- Haul Truck Operators
- Excavator Operators
- Loader Operators
- Ancillary Operators
Reporting to the Mining Supervisor, within the Mining Production team your duties will include:
- Complete daily pre-starts on equipment and inspection of your work area
- Maximise compliance with operational plan by ensuring all activities are performed and carried out in accordance with plan and work instructions
- Operate haul trucks, ancillary machines, loaders or excavators as per operational needs
- Monitor performance of equipment and compliance with mine operating procedures through inspections
- Actively participate in maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour
Previous applicants not required to re-apply.**Location
In this residential role, you will be based in Newman, Western Australia. You will be working at the closely located ‘Mount Whaleback’ mine site, which at more than five kilometres long and nearly 1.5 kilometres wide is the biggest single-pit open-cut iron ore mine in the world. The 7,000 strong population of Newman enjoys well-established town facilities including a newly revitalised town centre and sporting facilities. As a gateway to the Karijini national park, you will be in close proximity to spectacular gorges, water courses and stunningly unique landscapes. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Experienced in operating 789/793 Haul Trucks AND at least one of the following OR equivalent: D10/D11 or 854 Wheel Dozers, 9400/WA 1200 Loaders and 996/9400 Excavators
- Flexible, team-orientated approach with strong communications skills
- Computer literacy and experience with Fleet Management Systems will be highly regarded
- Working knowledge of the Mines Safety & Inspection Act & Regulations
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**