|Job Type:||Full Time|
The CPB Contractors Dragados Samsung joint venture (CPBDS-JV) has been successful in securing the contract to deliver the $3.9bn WestConnex New M5. The New M5 is the second stage of WestConnex and will run in twin tunnels between the existing M5 East at Kingsgrove and new interchange at St Peters, providing improved access to the airport, South Sydney and Port Botany precincts.
With major work commenced in 2016, the construction scope includes the following:
- New twin tunnels which will more than double capacity along the M5 East corridor and provide motorway access to north of Sydney Airport
- A new interchange at an industrial site at St Peters, which reduces the impact on nearby residential areas
- Connections from the interchange to key roads in the area, including Campbell Road/Street, Euston Road and across the canal to Bourke Road
- Widening of Campbell Road/Street and Euston Road western tunnel entry and exit points at Kingsgrove.
In line with the above scope, the WestConnex New M5 project is seeking applications from experienced Site Engineersto join one of our Tunnelling sites (Kingsgrove, Arncliffe, Bexley and St Peters).
Reporting to a Project Engineer, your key responsibilities for this role include:
- Project delivery according to budget, program and specific project objectives
- Working with Site Foreman managing site activities
- Prepare and update section program for both internal and external requirements
- Maintain and report actual costs compared to tender of each job at completion
- Assist in preparing monthly reports addressing the performance of the section, areas of concern and opportunities
- Assisting in claims, variations in time and further contractual obligations
- Ensure all project Quality Assurance, OH&S and Environmental requirements are documented and implemented
- Represent the company to the client, independent certifier, subcontractors and the public in a professional and ethical manner and maintain the company image and reputation
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Bachelor Degree in Mining/Civil Engineering
- Relevant experience in road infrastructure – civil or tunnelling background
- Previous project/on-site experience
To apply for the role, please follow the link below.
Please note: this role is being sourced by the CPB Dragados Samsung Joint Venture directly and we will not accept unsolicited applications via external recruitment agencies.