- Lead and manage the Corporation’s IT Portfolio Delivery Support Services (PMO)
- Lead and empower a dynamic and multi-disciplinary team
- Permanent position based in vibrant Leederville with flexible working arrangements
It is an exciting time to join Water Corporation. We are embarking on a major organisational transformation to create a customer-focused and process-led operating model that will change the way we deliver value to stakeholders.
Our journey so far includes sharpened business priorities, a reimagined HR service delivery model, and a resolute focus on improving our employee and customer experience. You’ll help us take our next steps by leading teams in supporting the delivery of technology capital projects that support our new way of working.
As Manager – Portfolio Delivery Support Services , you will manage and mature a recently created and dynamic IT PMO and project support function, coaching, developing, and empowering high-performing teams to support the delivery of large-scale projects in a fast-paced, transformational environment.
At the cutting edge of best practice project delivery, you will build and share knowledge across the Corporation and effectively manage the IT PMO roadmap to create space for innovation while consistently delivering high-quality project outcomes that help the Corporation achieve its strategic objectives and generate value for our customers and stakeholders. This includes governance of practices that support portfolio decision making, performance, value management and resource allocation.
Reporting into the Head of Projects and Program Delivery, you will lead the Information Technology Group’s Portfolio Delivery Support function with a proactive and forward-thinking working style. Demonstrating positive leadership and an inquiring mind, you work from first principals to generate new ideas and novel solutions to problems, effectively bringing key stakeholders on the journey with a collaborative approach to achieve cross-organisational alignment and commitment.
This is not an every-day PMO leadership role. We are looking for an innovator, a trusted partner to our executive team, and visionary leader who can connect successful IT project delivery to purposeful impact on our people, our customers, and the communities that we serve.
What the role will offer:
- A challenging leadership role in a rapidly transforming organisation
- Strategic ownership of delivery support for significant current and future capital projects
- A collaborative team environment that celebrates diversity of thought and new approaches
- Flexibility and autonomy to work in the way that suits you and your team
- Varied and interesting work, with complex problems to solve
Key skills and experience:
- Degree qualified in Information Technology or Business/Program Management, and substantial experience in a similar IT or related role for a government or large, multidisciplinary corporation
- Substantial experience in managing and organising large teams and work to deliver organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrated capability leading, coaching, and mentoring people to maximise their potential and work contribution.
- Experience/understanding of Prince2, PMBOK, MSP program management principles and governance frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to specify and communicate user requirements to other stakeholders
Apply: If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Applications close on the 16th of May 2021.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check, police clearance and Australian working rights check.
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace:
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy and People and Safety Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website.