|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 12 month fixed term position
- Based at Sydney – Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
The Digital Finance Information and Reporting Analyst is responsible for providing a range of technical services to deliver insight and reporting solutions to Finance and the wider business and its stakeholders.
As the subject matter expert in the understanding of the underlying data structures for a range of systems used to manage Financial information, you will identify, strategise, and then build a range of analytics, robotics and reporting solutions to optimise TransGrid’s use of Financial data to inform critical business decisions.
In addition to standard periodic and ad-hoc reports, you will also be responsible for creating a series of automated data audit and data cleansing methods to ensure reporting data integrity is to the standard required by the various stakeholders within the Financial governance processes.
As the Digital Finance Information and Reporting Analyst you will:
- Foster an analytical approach to financial and operational decision making
- Develop and implement the finance information strategy to support effective decision making and continuous improvement
- Develop financial and operational information modelling and architecture
- Develop efficient and consistent reporting of TransGrid’s Financials, Projects and Maintenance works
- Provide support for reporting of TransGrid’s financial information and works portfolios
- Monitor and improve data quality across the business
- Lead and support the design, development and overall implementation of Analytics and Reporting Environment
- Contribute to delivery & management of TransGrid’s analytics and reporting systems
- The position is required to carry out any additional duties or projects allocated to the group
- The position may be required to split the week between TransGrid’s Ultimo Site and Western Sydney - Eastern Creek site as required to help support stakeholders in both locations
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in a related discipline such as Information Technology, Data Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience working with corporate finance & other disciplines in analytics, system delivery & development teams.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence tools eg, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Studio, Power BI, MS Data Tools Suit, TM1 (IBM), Oracle analytics Suit, etc.
- Advance knowledge of Data manipulation & presentation techniques, toolsets and languages, e-g, SQL, Java, M-Query, JSon, Python, html, .Net etc.
- Working knowledge of different ERPs and analytic platforms (from developer perspective) like Oracle, SAP, TM1 etc.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform Architecture like, Azure, Oracle Cloud etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and pragmatically yet collaborating with the team to deliver value to the stakeholders.
- Experience developing and presenting corporate reporting information using a range of presentation methods suitable for varied consumption needs at different management levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage a range of stakeholder relationships as a business representative.
- Self-manage and prioritise work in an efficient manner that aligns with team objectives and customer needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders and present publicly to a range of group sizes.
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Salary sacrifice options for superannuation and motor vehicles (subject to ATO requirements)
- Moving leave
- Emergency/disaster leave
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
This is a 12 month fixed term position
Applications close on Wednesday, 19 May 2021
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
- Please note that we do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.