At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability. We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate about our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Our Field Service business provides 24/7 servicing for; mining, hospitals, utilities, data centres and just about everything in-between. The portfolio covers all of our verticals including drives, automation, LV/MV switchgear, transformers, UPS’s, computer room air-conditioning and chillers. We enable owners, end-users and custodians to minimise breakdowns, increase reliability, efficiency and safety while reducing costs and simplifying operations.
Based in Macquarie Park Sydney, you will support our customers by providing maintenance and installation services for our complete range of cooling products including chillers, air handling units with adiabatic cooling and modular data centres.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to\:
- Completing preventative and corrective/unscheduled maintenance
- Inspecting project installations prior to commissioning
- Commissioning of equipment
- Attending service callouts, completion of repairs and resolution of issues
- Providing technical information and assistance on the range of Schneider Electric cooling equipment
- Recording accurate information relating to site visits, unit replacement, defective parts and equipment repairs
- Building strong relationships with customers and service partners
- Complying with safety policies, practices and procedures at all times
Required Skills and Experience\:
- Cooling Plant and Equipment knowledge
- Refrigerant handling licence essential, restricted electrical advantageous
- A highly developed working knowledge of chillers, CRAC units and InRow cooling systems
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and mechanical codes and mechanical and refrigeration principles
- Excellent customer service skills
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills, including report writing
- Must be able to commit to a 24/7 rotating on-call roster
- Australian Citizenship is essential to enable NV1 clearance to work on Australian Government sites
At Schneider Electric your career will be meaningful, inclusive and you will be empowered. We expect that our employees put customers first, embrace different and act like owners. Our leaders are tasked with shaping our future, building the best teams and to use their judgement to deliver results.
We’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.