|Job Type:||Full Time|
Experience a connection with us
Our vision is to be miner of choice for our people, shareholders, host communities, partners and suppliers. With a commitment to our people, safety and sustainability, embracing technology and innovation, we are securing our future success together. We build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, recreation activities, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an agile and self-driven Permit Technician to provide support for the safe and efficient isolation and permit processes in the Cadia process plant for all required maintenance activities. Reporting to the Permit Supervisor, this safety-critical role will see you build and maintain excellent working relationships with the Permit and Ore Processing team, while complying and setting great operating standards for the Cadia Permit to Work (PTW) system.
Other key deliverables of the role include:
- Provide support and backup for the Permit Supervisor and Permit Technician Leading Hand
- Provide support within the PTW system for all daily, weekly and shutdown tasks requiring isolations and PTW’s
- Perform verification and checking of isolation and PTW design for shutdowns and weekly maintenance against work orders and schedules
- Application of isolations and issuing of PTW’s in the field where required
- Preparation of all hardware and isolations prior to shutdowns to ensure workflow efficiencies
To succeed in this role, you will be detail oriented, enjoy continuous improvement and have the drive to deliver consistent results. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively upwards and to operational levels.
You will also ideally have:
- Operational or Maintenance experience in large scale mining or processing plant facilities
- Experience in placing and creating isolation permits
- Certificate III in Process Plant Operations desirable
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Outlook
Please note: This is a fulltime permanent residential role based in Orange, NSW on 7 days On/7 Off roster.
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on enhancing diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is now a smoke free work environment, since 1 January 2020.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we would love to hear from you!