|Job Type:||Full Time|
Experience a connection with us
Our vision is to be miner of choice for our people, shareholders, host communities, partners and suppliers. With a commitment to our people, safety and sustainability, embracing technology and innovation, we are securing our future success together. We build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, recreation activities, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking an organised and driven Permit Technician – Leading Hand to support the Permit Supervisor in delivering safe and efficient isolation, tagging and permit requirements for the Cadia Process Plant in either a routine daily or Shut down capacity.
Guiding a team of motivated Technicians, this rewarding leadership opportunity will see you build and maintain excellent working relationships with the Permit and Ore Processing team.
Key deliverables include:
- Provide support to the Permit Supervisor to implement and manage value adding capital expenditure projects
- Ensure safety incidents and hazards are correctly documented, investigated and resolved in a timely manner
- Provide support to the Permit Supervisor in preparing, planning and implementing all permitting and isolation plans prior to work commencing
- Providing support within the Permit to Work system for all daily, weekly and shutdown tasks requiring isolations and PTW’s
- Verification and checking of isolation and PTW design for shutdowns and weekly maintenance against work orders and schedules
To succeed in this supervisory role, you will appreciate being part of a collaborative team and will like to lead by example. Your strong commitment to workplace health and safety, as well as the ability to promote a positive and productive team culture will be pivotal to your success. Previous experience supervising or leading a team would be highly desirable.
In addition to the above key skills, you will also have:
- Demonstrated operational experience in Ore Processing plant within large scale mining
- Proven experience in placing and creating isolation permits
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Outlook
- Understanding of SAP is desirable
Please note: This is a fulltime permanent residential role based in Orange, NSW on 7 days On/7 Off roster.
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on enhancing diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is now a smoke free work environment, since 1 January 2020.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we would love to hear from you!