|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Pivotal Asset Management Leadership role delivering on our priorities of our customers, our people and service quality
Fantastic opportunity to develop your career in a high performing team environment!
Permanent position – Transport NSW encourages flexible working
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
The Safety, Environment and Regulation (SER) division leads policy, strategy, standards, advice and support across safety, environment, sustainability, asset management and regulatory outcomes for customers, for community and for our people (including contractors).
SER provides ‘centres of excellence’ with a critical mass of expertise to support line accountability, facilitate consistency and provide assurance across the cluster. It also delivers a range of regulatory programs.
An exciting opportunity has emerged within our Asset Management Branch for an enthusiastic Director Asset Planning and Assurance with in-depth knowledge of Asset Management.
The Director Asset Planning and Assurance provides leadership and expert advice to ensure the overarching Asset Management Framework for TfNSW operational assets is effectively managed. You will ensure asset management plans are developed in line with the long term interests of the assets and will provide value for money outcomes for the people of NSW. This role also manages Country Rail Network contracts and the Interstate Lease with ARTC.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain the Asset Management Framework and System for TfNSW operational assets in partnership with peer executive leaders across the Asset Management Branch.
- Act as client representative for new and upgraded assets to ensure assets deliver desired business and customer outcomes.
- Provide strategic advice and partner with program and project directors and service operators to ensure the successful management of the integration and handover of new assets and, with service providers, ensure that asset management plans deliver desired business and customer outcomes through the lifecycle of the assets.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
You are a collaborative and talented leader of people with extensive knowledge of Asset Management and impacts across the asset lifecycle.
You demonstrate stakeholder engagement expertise, decisiveness and drive to get things done. Engaging and energetic, you excel in your communication and presentation skills and proven experience in leading and developing technical teams in a complex customer centric environment.
You will pride yourself on always being a step ahead, anticipating and addressing potential issues before they arise. You excel in your communication and presentation skills and have proven experience operating in a complex customer centric environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, with extensive knowledge and experience in Asset Management
- Proven experience in maintaining awareness of customers’ perceptions, the drivers of satisfaction with services and aligning contractual arrangements on the transport system to support freight and passenger customer and stakeholder needs
- Ability to keep abreast of current and emerging best practice for contract management, procurement and performance management, including Government policy and Statutory requirements
- Ability to support a constructive environment that allows sufficient flexibility to innovate and create new opportunities for improvement
- Inspiring and leading a high performing team and instilling a culture to drive high quality outcomes across the organisation
Band 1B, an attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate
If you are looking for an environment in which you can contribute to creating a legacy of achievement that will last for generations, and enjoy a flexible and diverse working environment which values collaboration and personal development, then we’d like to meet you.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please submit a comprehensive resume.
For more information on how to apply for a role in Transport for NSW please click here.
Should you have enquiries about the role, please contact Ciaran Martin on 0466 616 258 and quote reference 11723.
Applications close: 11:59pm, Sunday 16th May 2021.
The way we work is evolving, and we want to enable our people to work in ways that work for them. We’re moving from predominantly office-based work to a more flexible approach that supports working from different locations, including regionally. If you’re interested in working from a location not listed in the job ad, please get in touch with the Talent Specialist to discuss what’s possible.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us