|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
You'll be leading a team of talented Business Analysts and Software Engineers, and providing support to the Head of Technology in large scale projects. You will be joining an organisation that can provide opportunities to get exposure to new industries, such as retail super, and the chance to get involved in upcoming projects.
Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Managing the design, development and testing of customer/colleague and technology features/stories in line with service priorities
- Leading and inspiring your team to develop strong services, challenge the norm, and continually keep customers at the heart of their work
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including product owners and project managers, to manage priorities and requirements and ensure customer objectives are met
- Accountability for the strategic development of services and vendor and business relationship management
- Leading an agile delivery scrum team outputs including engineering standards, sprint backlogs and plans, engineers' responsibilities and performance management, code quality, adherence to development guardrails
- Proactively managing risk, ensuring all policy and compliance requirements are met and any identified risks are escalated
- Qualifying (as requests for work) and managing delivery from downstream service teams and/or third-party vendors in line with service boundaries
- Leveraging and exploiting cloud solutions, DevOps, testing automation
Everyone at MLC deserves an outstanding leader, who inspires and engages their team in our purpose, vision and values, and helps them focus on the things that matter the most to us, and to our customers.
Your strong leadership experience, ideally as a people leader, or perhaps in a technology Project Manager role, will be vital in this role. Proven experience in transformation or in a change project will also be advantageous.
You will also bring:
- A background in software engineering/developing and/or managing a software engineering team
- Agile software development practices
- DevOps capabilities
- Scrum team leadership
- Technology and business stakeholder management
- Full lifecycle experience, from design, to development, to testing and ongoing support
- Testing automation, could solution enablement, API's and microservices
- Wealth experience is preferred, but is not mandatory
At MLC Wealth, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting our people as you help us build a business and culture that affects positive change for our clients - and for the community too.
If you're ready for the next step, apply today !
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note, given the potential sale of MLC to IOOF (pending APRA approval), organisational change is anticipated.