|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
Do you want to make a difference in a challenging yet dynamic environment? Do you value diversity and inclusion? We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer - Mechanical for our Portland Aluminium Smelter! This is a permanent position, working Monday through to Friday.
Our Engineers play a key role in supporting Portland Aluminium Smelter to achieve its strategic production, product quality and cost objectives. As a Manufacturing Engineer you will support Portland Aluminium to find solutions that maximise the performance of equipment, reduce costs and improve environmental, health and safety performance and identify long term opportunities for improvement through a focus on applying reliability engineering principles and standards to equipment and capital.
You will also be required to analyse and provide data and technical support to our operations, ensuring that life cycle costs and performance are optimised. You will be a single point of accountability for engineering support in day to day operations, and lead capital expenditure projects within your work area.
Other key duties include;
- Leads efforts to improve equipment reliability within a production area
- Provides troubleshooting assistance to personnel
- Contributes to production efficiency
- Builds and maintains effective networks within the smelter
- Uses highly developed analytical skills and knowledge to understand multi subject area problems and provide detailed expertise to process problems and project design.
- Detailed process understanding and discussions with operators and engineers.
- Works closely with project teams to design and implement projects. This includes vetting designs and estimates, assistance with implementation and commissioning of the projects.
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- Relevant degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in troubleshooting and supporting requests from within the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven dedication to the environment, health & safety.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to explain complex technical systems/processes in an understandable manner to all levels of the organisation.
In addition, you will be a specialist in process control and process knowledge and will also require a high level of competence in technical computing, and a broad familiarity with software development protocols.
So if you can prioritise the demands of operations to deliver a robust schedule to maximise production and minimise cost and you are passionate about maintenance and problem solving in a fast-paced environment - Then we want to hear from you!
About where you will work
The Portland Aluminium Smelter is located five kilometres south of Portland, a vibrant coastal town in south-west Victoria, and approximately 360 kilometres south west of Melbourne. The smelter employs approximately 650 employees and contractors.
Applications close: Tuesday 18th May 2021
Please include a cover letter and your current resume with your application, by the close date.
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa of Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities
About Alcoa in Australia?
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,300 people in Western Australia (WA) and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an employer of choice for 16 consecutive years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA), and Alcoa of Australia’s Chairman and Managing Director Michael Parker is a WGEA Pay Equity Ambassador.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. The company sponsors ideas and opportunities important to local people such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Western Australia and Victoria for more than 50 years. More than 75 per cent of Alcoa of Australia’s total annual revenue stays in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties, capital investment and dividends to Australian shareholders