Last updated 7 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Consultant, Cloud Engineer
Build your career in a highly engaged and successful team
Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
Make your impact in a highly engaged team
A career that gives you more
Your career at NAB is about more than money, it's about serving our customers well and helping our communities prosper. We currently have an opportunity for Senior Consultant, Cloud Engineer.
What you will bring
- Strong background in supporting AWS cloud services with a healthy knowledge in Windows and Linux system administration
- Strong experience supporting AWS foundational services (EC2, RDS, EBS, S3, VPC’s, ELB, auto-scaling.)
- Experience using cloud native tools (i.e. AWS Cloud Watch and Cloud Trail) to review metrics, manage and monitor system/service health and utilisation of our cloud services
- A keen interest in automation and an ability to utilise tooling to improve efficiencies and repeatable tasks but also improve the day to day reliability and performance of our cloud managed services
- Working using infrastructure-as-code as well as git repositories for code management and development.
- Specific experience with cloud related automation concepts and tooling such as Cloud Formation, TFE, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, Jira)
- Understanding of good cloud change management practices with an awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Ability to manage and develop in-life security patching, manage backup and disaster recovery processes
- Experience in fine tuning virtualization, storage configuration, and replication for specific workloads
- Excellent engagement skills, managing and coordinating between partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
- You will be expected to provide out of hours support (rotated through a team roster) for cloud services as part of our 24x7 coverage agreement.
- Advantageous is a level of technical depth and experience supporting other public cloud providers (Specifically GCP or Azure).
Key technical skills required for this role are core AWS services such as EC2, RDS, EBS, S3, VPC’s, ELB, auto-scaling, as well as experience with Desired State Configuration (DSC), CI/CD Pipelines, Git code management, developing infrastructure-as-code (IAC), Hashicorp Configuration Language (HCL). In addition to a good understanding of AWS as a cloud platform, you have experience with Terraform deployments, AWS Cloud Watch & Cloud Trail, AWS Backup and LAMBDA.
You are also confident with all related technologies and services around Virtual Machines/containers such as automated image creation and deployment, load balancers, scale sets, security groups, virtual networks and building to High Availability resilient designs across availability zones, regions or clouds.
Aside from technical skills you are a strong mentor and coach for your peers inside and outside of the team showing technical and thought leadership. You enjoy sharing knowledge and skills as well as running regular sessions to impart knowledge and uplift the team. You embrace new ideas and approaches and enjoy healthy discussions around finding positive outcomes.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a team responsible for ensuring our cloud services are managed to the needs of our rapidly changing business. The work will be fast paced, challenging and often across new or emerging cloud technologies. We are looking for people who are technically forward thinking and excited about the business value the cloud provides.
Just as important as all the above technical skills is your willingness to arrive every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of NAB’s journey to become a top-notch cloud engineering organisation.
By joining NAB, you are committing to putting our customers’ needs first every time. You will be ambitious for growth; always curious and learning from colleagues. You will speak honestly, always valuing the time and opinion of others. You will own your work, doing what’s right, even when it’s hard.
NAB, invested in you
We are committed to gender equality and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have committed $70bn in financing to help address climate change and provide 2 days of paid leave each year through our employee volunteering program to support community organisations.
We support our colleagues to be their best by offering a wide range of educational, financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits. For more information please visit here.